Here is a rundown of the rig I used at the Festiverbant festival in August 2011. From left to right:
- 4U Gator rack case containing:
- Furman PL-Plus CE Power Conditioner
- Line 6 Relay G90 Wireless
- TC Electronics G-Major 2
- RJM Mini Amp Gizmo tucked underneath the G-Major 2
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (2010) and Rectifier 4×12 cab
- ESP Eclipse 1
- Finally, behind the floor monitors, my 2011 Pedalboard (TrailerTrash)
Ignore the Krank cabs – those were dummy cabs to fill the stage and hide stuff.
Other points worth mentioning:
- A PedalSnake is used to connect the pedalboard to the rack
- In this rig configuration none of the pedals are actually used (such as the Blackstar HT-Dual, just visible in the photo), only the Musicom EFX III to control the rack and Dual Rectifier channel changing. In other words, the pedalboard was used purely for MIDI switching
- This was the first time I used this rig live, and I had a panicky couple of days wiring up the Rack and programming the Musicom EFX ready for the performance. Memo to self: don’t do this type of thing a day or two before a major gig. Too stressful! In my defence, we did have a quick run through of the set with the rig at a Phazy Cave rehearsal the day before.
- This was also the first time I used wireless live. The Relay G90 was great.
- The rig performed perfectly and I was very happy with being able to change G-Major patches and switch amp channels, all with a single switch on the Musicom. Brilliant!